Vegetarian Turkey Roast RecipeRecipes
Bundaratna.com - A vegetarian turkey roast is a plant-based alternative to a traditional turkey roast. It is made from a variety of ingredients, such as seitan, tofu, or tempeh, and is often flavored and seasoned to taste like turkey. It can be served as a main dish for a vegetarian or vegan holiday meal, or as an alternative to turkey for anyone looking to reduce their meat consumption. Some popular vegetarian turkey roast recipes include ones made with seitan, which is a protein-rich food made from wheat gluten, and ones made with tofu or tempeh, which are plant-based proteins made from soybeans.
|Vegetarian Turkey Roast Recipe|
Vegetarian turkey roast Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for a vegetarian turkey roast:
- 1 (16 oz) package of seitan, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of dried sage
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the seitan to the skillet and sauté until it is lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine.
- Transfer the seitan mixture to a 9x13 inch baking dish and pour the vegetable broth over the top.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the seitan is heated through and the broth has been absorbed.
- Serve the vegetarian turkey roast hot, with your favorite side dishes.