The most delicious fruit cake recipe at ChristmasRecipes
Bundaratna.com - Fruitcake is a type of cake that is made with dried or candied fruit, nuts, and spices. It is a traditional Christmas dessert in many parts of the world, and is often served as part of a holiday meal. The cake is typically made by creaming together butter and sugar, then mixing in eggs and a combination of dried fruit, nuts, and spices. The batter is then baked in a cake pan and allowed to cool before being served. Some people also like to store their fruitcake for several weeks before serving, as this allows the flavors to develop and mature. Fruitcake is often served with a cup of tea or coffee, and can be enjoyed on its own or with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
The most delicious fruit cake recipe at Christmas
Here is a simple recipe for fruitcake:
- 1 cup of mixed dried fruit (raisins, currants, candied citrus peel)
- 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of dark brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing well until everything is well combined.
- Stir in the dried fruit and nuts until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is cool, you can serve it as is, or you can wrap it in cheesecloth and store it in an airtight container for several weeks to allow the flavors to develop and mature. Enjoy!