Spaghetti Sauce RecipeRecipes
Bundaratna.com - Spaghetti sauce is a sauce that is typically made from tomatoes, garlic, herbs, and onions, and is often used to top pasta. It can be made in a variety of styles, from a simple marinara sauce to a more complex meat- or vegetable-based sauce. Some popular seasonings for spaghetti sauce include basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
|Spaghetti Sauce Recipe|
Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for homemade spaghetti sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef (optional)
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, if using, and cook until it is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, basil, oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let the sauce simmer for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Serve the sauce over cooked spaghetti or your favorite pasta, and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the seasonings to your liking, and add additional ingredients such as mushrooms, bell peppers, or olives to the sauce. You can also use fresh herbs instead of dried, if you prefer.