Gingerbread Cookie Recipes Delicious Christmas Season DessertRecipes
Bundaratna.com - Gingerbread cookies are a type of cookie that is traditionally flavored with ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. They are often cut into fun shapes and decorated with icing or other embellishments. They are a popular treat during the holiday season and are often served with a glass of cold milk. Some people like to make gingerbread houses out of the cookies, using frosting as a "glue" to hold the pieces together.
Gingerbread Cookie Recipes Delicious Christmas Season Dessert
Here is a simple recipe for gingerbread cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and molasses.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out your desired shapes and transfer the cookies to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they are lightly browned around the edges. Allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before decorating with frosting or icing. Enjoy!