Bundaratna.com - Butternut squash soup is a type of soup made with butternut squash as the main ingredient. The squash is typically peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces, which are then cooked in a broth or stock until tender. Other ingredients such as onions, carrots, and spices may also be added to the soup for flavor. The soup is typically pureed until smooth, and garnished with herbs, cream, or crumbled bacon before serving. It is a popular fall and winter dish, as butternut squash is in season during those months.
Butternut squash soup Recipe
Here is a simple recipe for butternut squash soup:
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil or butter, for cooking
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil or butter.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is softened and translucent.
- Add the butternut squash and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add the broth and water to the pot and bring to a simmer.
- Cook the soup until the squash is very tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup garnished with herbs, cream, or crumbled bacon, if desired.
LihatTutupKomentarPost Selanjutnya Post Sebelumnya